This Healthy and Luscious Greek Meatballs recipe is one of my favourites because it satisfies all my hunger and nutrient needs whilst being delicious and healthy. In other words, it keeps me feeling full without a bunch of calories. Being a low-calorie, high protein, high fibre meal, I know when I get on the bathroom scales the following day, I’m more likely to be happy with the number.
Healthy and Luscious Greek MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 500 grams of beef mince
- 500 grams of lamb mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all the meat patty ingredients to a bowl and mix by hand until well combined.
- Divide the mince into 12 150-gram meatballs.
- Roll each meatball into a sausage shape and push a skewer through the centre.
- Place the skewer souvlaki on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.