These mini skewered meatballs are another great party food option, suitable for kids and adults! To give our meatballs a finger food flair, we skewered them.
- 1 kilogram of pork and beef mince
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of cooking cream
- 2 teaspoons of Italian mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or any frying oil of your choice)
- Bamboo sticks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your pork and beef mince and mix with your hands till well combined. Add your breadcrumbs, eggs, cooking cream, and some herbs. I like to use mixed Italian herbs, but you can use any herbs of your choice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of the mixture into a ball. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Leave rolled meatballs to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy-based frying pan. Add some meatballs. Cook the meatballs for 4 minutes or until just browned. Do not put too many meatballs in the frying pan; otherwise, they will soak up too much oil and not cook as quickly. Repeat this step until all your meatballs are cooked.
- Skewer the meatballs into the bamboo sticks.