These mini skewered meatballs are another great party food option, suitable for kids and adults! To give our meatballs a finger food flair, we skewered them.
If you got kids at home, I know they’ll love these little ball of treats.
Heavenly Skewered Meatballs
These skewered meatballs are so heavenly. I like to make these skewered meatballs to serve very special guests.
- ½ kilogram ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ kilogram ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 medium eggs
- ¼ cup cooking cream - cooking
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs (usually Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Basil) - Italian
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - or any frying oil of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your pork and beef mince and mix with your hands till well combined. Add your breadcrumbs, eggs, cooking cream, and some herbs. I like to use mixed Italian herbs, but you can use any herbs of your choice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of the mixture into a ball. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Leave rolled meatballs to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy-based frying pan. Add some meatballs. Cook the meatballs for 4 minutes or until just browned. Do not put too many meatballs in the frying pan; otherwise, they will soak up too much oil and not cook as quickly. Repeat this step until all your meatballs are cooked.
- Skewer the meatballs into the bamboo sticks.
Calories: 400kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 26gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 483mgPotassium: 430mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 177IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!