This triple threat baked meatballs recipe uses the three most common types of meat found in meatball recipes – beef, pork and lamb.
You can serve these delicious meatballs with any pasta sauce – I like to go with a creamy white sauce like an Alfredo or a carbonara. Still, if you’re worried about the health side of things, then maybe you could go with a Neapolitan or some other tomato-based sauce.
Triple Threat Baked Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 pound ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 5 ounces spinach - thawed
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs - divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the beef, lamb, pork, Parmesan cheese, spinach, eggs, parsley, basil, garlic powder, pepper flakes, and salt in a bowl along with 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs. Mix together by hand until everything is combined.
- Divide your meat mixture into quarters – each portion should give you around 10 meatballs, giving you roughly 40 meatballs altogether. I generally freeze half of the meatballs and cook the other half immediately.
- Put 1/2 cup of bread crumbs into a small bowl.
- Roll each meatball in the laid out breadcrumbs and then place them onto a baking tray. I also sometimes use muffin trays which keep the shape of the meatball a little better.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.