This Chilli Beef with Nachos recipe is a very simple slow-cooked chilli made on the hob or in a slow cooker. The result is a delicious, flavoursome chilli with an excellent overall taste that is not too hot and can be served to the kids as it is. If this recipe is too hot, add more sour cream. The chilli is very mild to suit everyone but if you like a good hot chilli kick, add some spicy tomato salsa on your portion instead of mild.
Mouthwatering Chilli Beef with Nachos
This recipe for chilli beef with nachos is so comforting. I love having these nachos when I want a cheesy and filling snack. See the quick recipe here.
- 750 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 medium carrot - grated
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 jar water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 2 tablespoons passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 1 medium green pepper - finely diced
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - finely diced
- 1 medium yellow bell peppers (yellow capsicum) - finely diced
- 1 handful cilantro (coriander)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place the beef into a large casserole pan with a lid and brown slightly.
- Add the carrot, onions, tomato and basil sauce, water, ketchup, tomato puree, chipotle paste, chillis and peppers.
- Cook on medium heat on the stovetop for a minimum of 5 hours; in a slow cooker.
- Add the chocolate and stir well.
- Add a generous handful of fresh coriander.
- Stir for a final time.
- Allow one large scoop of chilli beef per person and top with grated cheese.
- Add mild tomato salsa and sour cream if desired.
- Serve with nachos.
Calories: 564kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 40gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 613mgPotassium: 889mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 3049IUVitamin C: 86mgCalcium: 406mgIron: 4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!