On today’s menu is one of my favorite rest day dishes – The Best Chilli Con Carne Recipe. Perfect for rest days because it’s high in protein and has good levels of fat, plus I was craving red meat. I’ve written out the recipe below.
Here’s a quick minced beef recipe that I make almost every week lately for the family. Instead of fancy ingredients, I’ve used ones that most people have around, hope some of you enjoy it. Don’t be worried about adjusting amounts to your taste, this just suits ours.
This is the Best Chilli Con Carne recipe that makes for a great dinner or lunch.
The Best Chilli Con Carne Recipe
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic - crushed
- 1 kilogram ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - sliced
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 cans tomato - diced
- 1 jar BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- 2 medium yellow onion - diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 pack Mozzarella cheese
- Sauté the onions in grape seed oil until they go golden brown, then add the garlic, chilli, and cumin powder and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add red peppers and kidney beans, cook and stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, and BBQ sauce and stir through.
- Set aside the contents of the pan in a bowl.
- Brown the minced beef in the same pan. You may need to add more oil.
- Add the ingredients set aside previously.
- Season mixture with the desired amount of chilli powder, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes on the lowest heat. Stir occasionally.