Try this Zucchini and Turkey Casserole with zucchini and yellow summer squash, roasted red peppers, and cream of celery soup for a quick dinner. Sprinkle some grated parmesan on the top and bake until the cheese has melted.
This casserole recipe is so versatile, with a few substitutions, you can easily make it your own. Serve with a salad, crusty bread and a glass of wine.
Zucchini and Turkey CasserolePrint Recipe
- Pasta for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 pound of ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup of summer squash, chopped
- 1/2 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flake
- 1 sprig of oregano
- 1 can of cream of celery soup diluted with 1/4 cup of pasta water
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water or for at least 7 minutes, depending upon the type of pasta.
- In a large skillet, crumble turkey and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Put onions, salt and pepper and saute until onions are transparent and fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Add zucchini and summer squash and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add roasted red pepper, pepper flakes and oregano, stir.
- Combine condensed soup with pasta water and stir into skillet.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir to combine all ingredients. Pour into lightly greased casserole dish.
- Smooth the top and sprinkle some parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts, and casserole is warmed through.