Try this Zucchini and Turkey Casserole with zucchini and yellow summer squash, roasted red peppers, and cream of celery soup for a quick dinner. Sprinkle some grated parmesan on the top and bake until the cheese has melted.
This casserole recipe is so versatile, with a few substitutions, you can easily make it your own. Serve with a salad, crusty bread and a glass of wine.
Delightful Zucchini and Turkey Casserole
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- ½ medium onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup zucchini - chopped
- 1 cup summer squash (yellow zucchini) - chopped
- ½ medium red pepper (red capsicum) - roasted and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 sprig oregano
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water or for at least 7 minutes, depending upon the type of pasta.
- In a large skillet, crumble turkey and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Put onions, salt and pepper and saute until onions are transparent and fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Add zucchini and summer squash and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add roasted red pepper, pepper flakes and oregano, stir.
- Combine condensed soup with pasta water and stir into skillet.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir to combine all ingredients. Pour into lightly greased casserole dish.
- Smooth the top and sprinkle some parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts, and casserole is warmed through.