Are you looking for a dish that’s a little different to bring to potlucks this year? Try this Zucchini Casserole Recipe! It’s really easy and delicious. It’s packed with healthy vegetables that will convince you to have more servings of this casserole dish.
Zucchini Casserole RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 cups of uncooked Minute Rice
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1 large onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 pound of cooked ground pork
- 11 or 12 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water or chicken stock
- inute rice in the bottom of a casserole dish. How much you need will depend on how big the casserole dish. It should cover the bottom of the casserole without you being able to see the bottom of the dish.
- Dice the zucchini into small pieces and put it on top of the rice.
- Dice the onion and sprinkles it over the top of the zucchini.
- Dice the tomato and sprinkle over the top of the onions.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in chicken stock or water. You will not need much as the vegetables will cook down a bit and add moisture to the casserole so that the rice will cook properly. Only use about 1 to 1 ½ cups of fluid.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the top, pork and bread crumbs are as heavy or light as you want.
- Right before being popped in the oven.
- Cover the zucchini casserole with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are lightly browned. It may take up to an hour to bake completely.