Most of us are short on time, patience, and even money! So here’s a Gluten-Free Chicken Zucchini Casserole dish that won’t break the bank and is hearty enough for even the most enormous appetite!
You’re going to be layering. And that makes everyone happy, sort of like finding a surprise with each spoonful of this casserole!
Healthy Gluten-Free Chicken Zucchini Casserole
If you like healthy casserole recipe, this gluten-free chicken zucchini casserole is perfect for you. Try the easy recipe here now.
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - extra virgin
- ¼ cup bread crumbs - Italian seasoned gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 3 medium zucchinis - sliced about ¼-inch thick
- 14 ounce tomato - crushed
- 3 leaves basil
- 1 clove garlic - sliced very thinly
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- First, make the sauce. In the time that this is simmering, you can prep and start assembling the casserole’s other ingredients.
- In a medium saucepot, place the extra virgin olive oil. When warm, saute the garlic but don’t burn it.
- Add the tomatoes and basil, salt and pepper. Simmer on low.
- Make the chicken: In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, a dash of salt and pepper, and garlic powder.
- Using clean hands ( they always work best), mix it all, but don’t handle too much, changing the composition and strengthening the meat.
- Once combined, place the crumbles of meat scattered in a hot skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute until light brown. Turn over as you’re doing this, so all parts get lightly browned.
- Place on a paper-towel-lined plate after this step to drain.
- Slice the zucchini and set it aside.
- Put some sauce to coat the bottom in a large pan, such as a lasagne pan.
- Start layering. Put a single layer of raw zucchini, then a layer of the sautéed chicken meat, some sauce. ( a spoonful here & there. No need to cover everything with it.) and the shredded mozzarella or substitute.
- Repeat these steps for another layer.
- When all layered and ready for the oven, place in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Watch it; however, the cheese mustn’t burn, just melt.
Calories: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 21gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 605mgPotassium: 848mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 928IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 137mgIron: 2mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!