I’m excited to share my delicious tofu minced meat recipe with you, which has become a family favourite.
I love tofu because you can create many recipes out of it. You can fry it, steam it, boil it, mash it with other ingredients. And the best thing is, it is cheap and highly nutritious. And when you combine minced meat with tofu, it tastes so much better.
Simple Yet Delicious Tofu Minced Meat
No matter what you like to eat, it’s impossible to deny that simple is often the most delicious. This recipe is very simple, but it will create something quite delicious. You can serve this for lunch, or you can make it for a weeknight dinner, but either way, it’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
Tofu Minced Meat
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- ½ teaspoon ginger - chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic - chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger - minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic - minced
- 2 cups white onion - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt - adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 stalks spring onions - chopped, or cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok in medium-high heat. Add dry chili and fry for 5 seconds. Add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic and cook until slightly brown.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, and breaking up the meat with the side of the spoon for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric, cumin, ginger and garlic paste—cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, soy sauce and tomato puree—cook for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add tofu, spring onion and cilantro. Stir slowly and mix well—cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with spring onions or cilantro.