This Beef Arrabiata with Gnocchi recipe is a great twist on classic Italian cuisine. You can use any gnocchi you like, but we recommend using the pre-made kind grabbed from the grocery store deli. While it can be a bit bland, it’s cheap and cooks quickly. The sauce is the star of the show. Creamy tomato and delicious, you’ll want to add it to anything and everything!
Beef Arrabiata with Gnocchi: Quick & Easy
Another great thing about this dish is it’s easy to make! First, boil the store-bought Gnocchi according to the instructions on the package. Next, cook the ground beef and add some spices together with the tomato combination – mix all the ingredients. Once that is done, sprinkle with some grated cheese. Voila! It’s that simple!
Beef Arrabiata with GnocchiPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of good quality ground beef steak
- 500 grams of Tomato Passata
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (or 4 chopped fresh tomatoes)
- 1 beef stockpot
- 1 medium red chilli sliced and deseeded (unless you want more heat!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- ¼ cup of red wine
- few basil leaves, ripped
- 1 large onion chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat a few spoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan and add the mince. Cook until browned, then add chilli, garlic and onion. Fry for 2 minutes, then add the wine, then cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the passata, tinned tomatoes, puree and beef stockpot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then add basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of Gnocchi with parmesan and a chunk of garlic bread.