These Tasty and Easy Sesame-Spiced Turkey Meatballs came to be like most of our dinner parties.
I had neatly planned out our ground turkey meals for the week but was seriously pressed for time. It turned out I was missing one of the title ingredients (I swear I had sesame seeds at some point), but that was a quick fix since I added some strong sesame oil to the mix. These were quick, healthy, and super easy.
Tasty and Easy Sesame-Spiced Turkey MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry, whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pinch of flaky salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Olive oil, to coat the pan
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all meatball ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined. As a good Italian, I use my hands, but if you’ve got a lot of patience and time, feel free to use a fork. If it’s too dry, add some water. If it’s too wet, add some breadcrumbs. Form them into 1-inch meatballs.
3. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pan. Brown the meatballs, moving them around, so they get an even color.
4. Transfer the meatballs to a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until a thermometer reads an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees.