As noted, we do a lot of turkey in this house. This is another really simple recipe, slightly modified for you. The original is here. I tend to make a lot of stuff just by sight and taste – a dash of this, a little more of that. Those meals are harder to share; maybe I’ll measure one out. But for now, here are some tasty and easy turkey burgers for you.
These burgers may seem regular, but this is a top-notch burger you will really enjoy. You won’t need fancy ingredients for this, but you’ll love it anyway.
Quick and Easy Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 ¼ pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ½ medium onion diced
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 pieces hamburger buns
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato sliced
- ½ avocado sliced
- Get the pan hot, add the oil and cook the onions and garlic.
- Mix the turkey, cheese, chilli powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. When the onions and garlic have cooled off a bit, add them into the mix. Make five little patties.
- Add them to a grill to cook.
- While cooking, mix the mayonnaise with the cumin to give it a little extra something.
- Assemble the burger and add the avocado and tomato.