This Delicious 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Turkey Meatloaf Recipe is undoubtedly effortless to throw together, but it’s also perfectly moist and flavorful. It’s almost too good to be true.
I’m always looking for new protein-rich meal ideas I can whip up to have on hand for lunches throughout the week. My freezer has several bags full of extra grilled chicken, ginger beef, and turkey burgers at the ready. But this pumpkin turkey meatloaf didn’t have a chance to be freezer bagged.
The idea to use pumpkin in a meatloaf came from a friend of a friend through Instagram. Social media is awesome like that. Many times I stumble upon images without a clear recipe, and this is one of those cases, so I rolled with it.
Having said all that, this Pumpkin Turkey Meatloaf Recipe truly is amazing as is. I’ve warmed it up for breakfast, and it stayed just as moist as it was fresh from the oven.
Delicious 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Turkey Meatloaf RecipePrint Recipe
- TO MAKE THE MEATLOAF:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey (I used 93% lean)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup regular oatmeal
- 1 egg
- few light dashes of cinnamon
- few light dashes of chili powder
- *TO MAKE THE KETCHUP GLAZE (optional):
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- dash of chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients by hand until just combined. Don’t over mix.
3. Dump mixture into a bread pan lightly coated with non-stick spray and form gently into a loaf.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes.
5. *If using glaze, whisk all ingredients and pour over meatloaf during the last 30 minutes of bake time.