My cilantro and chilli turkey kabobs are reminiscent of my mom’s, but they get an extra punch of protein from the eggs and almond meal. Plus, they are made with ground turkey breast, which is around 98% fat-free. A common myth is that ground turkey is much better for us than beef, and it is on many levels (sat fat), but calorie-wise, it just isn’t so! So that’s why I go for ground turkey breast here.
This cilantro and chilli turkey kabobs recipe is super fast, super tasty, and super easy. You simply blend all the ingredients but the meat, eggs, and almond meal. Then combine everything together and hit the grill!
Flavourful Cilantro and Chilli Turkey KabobsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey breast
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 to 3 green chillies
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything but the turkey, eggs, and almond meal in a food processor.
- Blend until combined. Taste for salt.
- Combine with turkey, eggs, and almond meal.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Form into patties or onto skewers.
- Grill on all sides (about 15 minutes) until cooked through.