This Herbed Tomato Meatballs and Baked Eggs Recipe is a new recipe to try if you love a loaded breakfast meal. The eggs make it perfect to start your day. Check out the easy recipe below.
Herbed Tomato Meatballs and Baked Eggs Recipe
This recipe for herbed tomato meatballs and baked eggs is so savoury! You can served this during special occasions.
- 500 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 medium egg
- 400 grams tomato - diced
- 2 mediums tomato - washed and diced
- 1 medium onion - washed and diced into small pieces
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper - salt, sugar to add flavours
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese - powdered
- Start with the meatball, add 1 egg into the beef and mix well with your hand until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine well. Leave aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Use a spoon, scoop out the beef mixture and roll it into a ball with the palms of your hand – the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Lay it on a baking tray. Gently push the ball down a little, but not too flat. Sit for another 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan with a bit of oil. When the oil is hot enough, place meatballs into the pan and cook both sides until golden brown. Leave the pan. Continue with the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Using the same saucepan, reheat the pan with a new dash of oil – medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and turning golden brown.
- Add diced tomatoes (both can and fresh), and cook until soft. Add salt, pepper, and sugar to the taste that you like.
- Add the meatballs, basil leaves and sesame oil to the tomato mixture and stir well in low heat. Make sure the tomato sauce covers the meatballs.
- Cover the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour tomato sauce-meatballs into a bake-proof pan. Crack 2 eggs on top of the pan (best to have 1 on each side) and sprinkle cheese over the dish.
- Place pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until eggs are well-cooked.
- Remove from oven, rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Add extra cheese on top and add some fresh greens if you like.
Calories: 562kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 43gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 1323mgPotassium: 1581mgFiber: 6gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 2417IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 391mgIron: 7mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!