My go-to lasagna recipe utilizes my crockpot—which has never let me down. But being a Monday night after work and being unprepared, I knew I wouldn’t have enough time to make my usual recipe. So a quick Google search led me to the perfect answer and just bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. This Double Turkey Lasagna is the perfect alternative for those days when the crockpot timeline seems a bit too long.
Double Turkey LasagnaPrint Recipe
- 2 hot turkey sausage links
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 9 lasagna sheets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Over medium-high heat, cook the onion and turkey until the onion is tender and the turkey is no longer pink for about 7 to 8 minutes. Add tomato sauce and spices to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine ricotta cheese and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and begin layering lasagna. Start with 1/4 of the meat sauce, layer 3 lasagna sheets. The sheets will expand while cooking, so don’t worry if there is empty space between them. Layer ½ of the cheese on top of the pasta and top with the second fourth of the meat sauce. Add a second layer of noodles, the remaining cheese mixture and another fourth of the meat sauce. Add the final layer of noodles and meat sauce. Sprinkle one cup of mozzarella cheese evenly across the top of the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese topings melted and lasagna noodles have fully cooked.