This Easy Cheesy lasagna recipe calls for uncooked lasagna pasta to be baked between layers of cheese and ground beef. But, sometimes, I lack the time for the long version, so for this recipe, you only need to layer a few times. This recipe is very basic and easy to make!
Easy Cheesy Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - or turkey
- 1 small onion - diced
- 1 pack cream cheese - softened
- 9 sheets lasagna sheets - partially cooked
- 1 medium egg
- 1 jar pasta sauce - of your preferred pasta sauce. I use Bertoli tomato and basil
- ½ medium green pepper (green capsicum) - or red pepper, diced
- Cook lasagna pasta according to package instructions. Do not cook all the way.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- combine softened cream cheese with egg and combine.
- Add 1 1/2 packages of the shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture, add Italian seasoning and combine well, set aside.
- Saute peppers and onions over medium heat. Then add ground beef or turkey to the skillet, pour McCormick seasoning over meat, stir and cook until no longer pink.
- Add sauce to meat, season to your tastes—Cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 casserole dish.
- Layer 3 of the lasagna noodles in the dish cover with some of the cheese mixture, then add more sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- On the top of the lasagna, add the remaining half pack of cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- The last few minutes of cooking, remove the foil so the cheese can brown some.
- Great with salad and garlic bread.