Adding an Asian touch to your food is just heaven for me, so I try to do it in most dishes I cook, like this bok choy meatball soup that I love serving on cold nights. I love the bok choy in it–it gives it a unique blend of flavours because of the other Asian sauces I added.
Scrumptious Bok Choy Meatball Soup
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 8 cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 1 inch ginger - grated
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3 heads bok choy
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce - low-sodium
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Chop carrots, celery, and onions.
- Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir carrots, celery onion and garlic in the hot oil until both are softened and translucent for about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, parsley, grated ginger, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the meatballs by hand, mixing turkey, chia seeds, hoisin and sriracha. Roll into balls
- Heat avocado oil in the skillet, cook meatballs.
- After the soup base has simmered and meatballs are cooked. Add sliced mushrooms and chopped bok choy. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to each bowl, pour soup over and serve.