Scrumptious Keto Cabbage RollsPrint Recipe
- 1 head of cabbage
- ½ pound of ground pork or turkey, your choice
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon of salt
- ¼ tablespoon of pepper
- 1 ½ cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 ½ cups keto tomato sauce
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
1. Wash cabbage and take away its core with your fingers or using utensils.
2. Place the head of the cabbage into a big pot filled with boiling salted water. Make sure not to add an excessive amount of salt, or you will make the cabbage too salty, which may alter the flavor of the cabbage rolls. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Once the cabbage leaves are soft, remove the cabbage head from the pot and gently pull the leaves. You need 15 huge whole leaves to make your cabbage rolls. Allow them to cool on a plate.
4. Now it’s time to make the filling! To do that, sauté your onion in a pan with olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes. Let it cool. Then, mix the onion with ground beef, pork, salt, pepper, parsley, and cauliflower rice. Combine all ingredients and let it cook for 10 minutes.
5. Lay out a cabbage leaf on a large plate with the end stem towards you. Then put about 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture in the middle of the cabbage leaf, then roll the leaf and secure with toothpicks or string. Repeat the process to the remaining leaves.
6. For your sauce, mix your keto tomato sauce, beef broth, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
7. Stack your cabbage rolls in a skillet and pour your sauce mixture. Cover your skillet and bring it to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.