The Avocado Turkey Burger! Imagine for a moment; the weather just got warm enough to use your grill. You’re looking forward to eating a nice juicy Avocado Turkey Burger, but you’re on a diet. That means no fatty red meat for you. Your only option left, assuming you don’t want to eat cardboard flavored veggie burgers, is the Turkey Burger. Wait a moment! Don’t turkey burgers normally come out really dry?
Normally, you would be correct. Turkey burgers can and do usually end up dryer than their beef counterparts because of the leanness of the meat. To fix this, we have to add some of that fat back into the burger.
Enter the avocado. Green. Tasty. Full of healthy fats. It seems like we have a winner! Besides, it isn’t like you weren’t going to put a slice on top anyway. The following recipe is fast, easy and took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. So, let’s get started with this.
Tasty and Easy 30-Minute Avocado Turkey BurgerPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
1. Slice up your avocado! We’re looking for pieces no larger than 1/4 inch.
2. Combine your ground turkey, avocado, and all spices into a mixing bowl, and mix well. Be sure to get the avocado chunks evenly mixed.
3. Form your mixture into patties and get them to the grill.
Cooking instructions: get your grill to 350-400 degrees F.
cook burgers for about 8-10 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through.
4. And now, Enjoy your favorite toppings! I used a homemade garlic horseradish sauce (recipe coming soon).
I hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more great recipes.