Saltado is a Peruvian dish that involves a tasty stir-fry of meat, veggies and none other than French fries and white rice on the side. This simple at-home version is so delicious and a little less greasy than what you get in a restaurant.
We recently had a lunch training session at work, and they served us this beef dish. It was the best work lunch I’ve ever had, and I was making this home version of it that Friday!
Amazing Ground Beef Saltado
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ medium red onion - thinly sliced
- ½ large green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- ½ medium tomatoes - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 ounces beer
- Brown the beef over medium heat, ensure to drain most but not all of the oil. Add the minced garlic, red onion and green bell pepper and cook until they soften.
- Add the tomato, vinegar, soy sauce and beer and simmer till the veggies are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the beef with white rice and top with fries. Garnish the dish with parsley if you’d like.