Jiaozi is the hypernym for Chinese dumplings, which are fried, steamed, or cooked. The potsticker dumplings are fried and steamed and are called guotie. Today, I’ll share with you this very special recipe for Potsticker Chinese Dumplings Jiaozi I learned years ago.
The recipe for potstickers isn’t that difficult; the only trouble is to fold them nicely, which needs a bit of skill. Check out the very easy recipe here.
Easy Potsticker Chinese Dumplings Jiaozi
If you love Asian cuisine, you'll love this recipe for potsticker Chinese dumplings jiaozi for sure. Check out the very simple recipe here.
- 1 stick butter - ghee to fry
- 250 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ stem leek - finely minced
- 3 centimeters ginger - finely minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce - light
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce - dark
- 3 dashes sesame oil - toasted
- 1 tablespoon carrot - finely minced
- Roll out the dumpling dough as thin as possible and cut rounds out of it.
- Peel and devein the shrimps and mince them with a sharp knife to a smooth paste. Do so with the ground pork and mix shrimps, pork, and all other ingredients together.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of the filling in the middle of the dumpling wrapper and fold it, like shown in the video.
- Use a little bit of cold water to close the dumplings. Heat oil or clarified butter (ghee) in a pan and fry the dumplings until they get a golden crust, then add about 100 ml of water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Steam the dumplings for about 5 minutes or until nearly all water is gone. Open the lid and let the dumplings cook until all water is gone.
- Remove the dumplings carefully; they will stick a bit to the pan, so now You’ll know why they’re called potstickers. Serve them with Chinese dumplings dipping sauce as an appetizer, starter, or just as a delicious snack.
Calories: 381kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 18gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 599mgPotassium: 241mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 694IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.