Anyone game enough to give offal a try? This Chicken Liver, Pork, And Mushroom Pasta is the perfect way to start loving to eat chicken livers. Check out the very easy recipe here.
- A handful of chicken liver, as desired
- 4 pounds of ground pork, as desired
- 2 cups of mixed fresh mushrooms
- 1 fresh Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of baby capers
- 3 anchovies
- 1/2 of lemon
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Olive oil
- A handful of Italian parsley
- 300 grams of penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese, to finish
- Brush the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and cut them into bite-sized pieces, trimming off hard stalks if necessary.
- Finely dice Spanish onions and cloves of garlic.
- Roughly chop parsley and diced Roma tomatoes into roughly 1-centimetre cubes.
- Roughly mince up baby capers and anchovies.
- In a large pot, boil the pasta until just al dente, then drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, on medium to high heat, fry off livers and ground pork in a little olive oil with the paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper in a deep frying pan. Try to ensure each piece has good colouring on all sides without burning. The meat should be around 90% cooked as it will be returned to heat towards the end. Set aside in the bowl.
- Using the same pan, adding a little more oil, fry the mushrooms on high heat. Do not constantly stir the mushrooms as this will encourage moisture seeping out–just give the mushrooms a few light tosses once every minute until cooked and golden. Set aside.
- Fry off onions and garlic until slightly caramelised using the same pan, then add capers, anchovies, and tomatoes. Toss together. Return sausages, liver, mushrooms and pasta to the pan and toss together.
- Add extra salt and pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Sprinkle in parsley.
- Divide into bowls and finish off with grated parmesan cheese.