A ground chicken pie can be a healthy alternative to a family dinner. The recipe is easily prepared from a few simple ingredients and served hot.
A pie is a dish cooked in the oven, which is usually made from a layer of pastry dough and a filling of various sweet or salty ingredients.
Pies can be made as a main dish, meat or cheese pie, and a dessert, apple pie, or fruit. The pies are prepared differently depending on the traditions of each country. The word pie is inherited from Latin: “placenta”, which means “cake”.
The traditional pie recipes are apple pie, cheese pie, potato pie, cabbage pie, chocolate pie. From these traditional recipes, a lot of other pie recipes or even quiche recipes have developed over the years. Check out my ground chicken pie recipe that I guarantee you’ll love.
Tasty Ground Chicken Pie Recipe
- 10 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 10 tablespoons water - hot
Pie Filling Ingredients
- ⅕ pounds ground chicken (minced chicken) - boiled
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water, add flour, salt, sugar, 1 egg, powdered milk, and oil, then mix using a mixer or knead the dough by hand.
- Grease the dough with a bit of oil and let it rise for an hour, and in the meantime, prepare the pie filling.
- Melt your butter in a pan and sauté the onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the 2 tablespoons of flour and mix again for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and continue to mix very well.
- Add the meat over the sauce obtained in the pan. Add salt and pepper and continue to mix until you get a thick cream.
- Allow the pie filling to cool and prepare the dough.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape. Spread the filling on the centre of the pie lengthwise, then slice the remaining edges on the side of the filling.
- Bring one strip of dough over the other, knead them, and glue the last ones together at the end so that they do not fall apart the pie.
- Place the braided chicken pie on a baking sheet, grease it with the other beaten egg.
- Sprinkle seeds, if desired, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When you take the pie out of the oven, grease it from place to place with butter, wrap it in aluminium foil, and let it sit for 5 minutes.