I have decided to post one of my absolute favourite Arabic recipes. I have made this Arabic Lamb and Rice so many times and find it always goes down well with a hungry tribe!
This dish will serve about four people, depending on how hungry they are. Feel free to play with your rice and lamb measurements; I like a lot of lamb, so sometimes I add more. Try not to spice too much after cooking as it’s hard to get it evenly through the rice.
Savoury Arabic Lamb and Rice
Feeling adventurous? Try this Arabic lamb and rice for a change! This is packed with bursting flavours you'll love.
- 500 grams ground lamb (minced lamb) - with fat removed
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3½ cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon) - boiling
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice (also called pimento or Jamaican Pepper)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Lightly brown the lamb meat in butter in the biggest or deepest pot you can find.
- Add salt and spices and stir the lamb for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and chicken broth and stir well.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Leave to sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- While you wait, brown your pine or cashew nuts in over high heat in a separate pan.
- Serve rice with pine or cashew nuts stirred through, or you can sprinkle on the top of each serving as a tasty garnish.
Calories: 894kcalCarbohydrates: 78gProtein: 31gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 2072mgPotassium: 532mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 275IUVitamin C: 0.3mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!