We had bulgogi burgers earlier this month when we had gone to our cousin’s birthday party, and I was itching to recreate them at home! My kids kept requesting them since they’re a perfect juxtaposition of Korean and American tastes colliding, so I made them this week for dinner with some friends.
The marinade is the same marinade I use for my Kalbi! Just as a refresher, here is what we use to make magic.
Scrumptious Bulgogi Burgers
- 20 ounces ground beef
- ¼ medium onion
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium egg
- Throw all ingredients (except the ground beef, sesame oil, and egg) into my Vitamix and blend.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl with the blended marinade sesame oil, then mix.
- Add an egg and mix.
- Put it in the fridge overnight to marinade. You can skip this step and make the burgers immediately, but I like the extra oomph we get with the extra marinating time!
- Then you start splitting the beef into as big (or small) as you would like! I split this so that we make 8 patties. To make sure each patty is the same size, I just split it like I’m making meatballs, then flatten them into patties once each ball is primarily uniform.
- Now, preheat your grill. Turn it on, close the top, and preheat it for 10 minutes.
- Grill the burgers and assemble as desired with favourite veggies and buns.