Savoury Chicken Spinach Kebab
This chicken spinach kebab is a savoury dish you must check out if you love Indian cuisine. It's a must-try and I know you'll love it.
- 500 grams ground chicken
- 2 bunches spinach - chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium green chilis (green chilli in British English) - chopped
- 4 teaspoons cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 2 teaspoons mint - chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Add chicken, turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander powder in a bowl. Mix it well, cover and set it aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat some oil. Add half of the chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add chicken, yoghurt and salt and cook till the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Wash and sauté spinach with only the water that clings to the leaves until it is just wilted. Cool it.
- Take the chicken and add the cooked spinach, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, remaining onion, egg, lemon juice, garam masala, and chana dal powder in a large bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients and then keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make small patties/tikkis and shallow fry until they turn golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve these kebabs with warm garlic naan bread and yoghurt sauce.
Calories: 261kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 20gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 993mgPotassium: 1211mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 10793IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 163mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.