This Tex-Mex casserole is heavenly–I’m not exaggerating. It’s also awesome because you can tweak it to your spicy level and quickly make it keto-friendly. But I know you all want to move on to the actual recipe, so this is where my rambling stops and the recipe starts!
Tex-Mex CasserolePrint Recipe
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 3 cups of crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups of shredded cheese Tex-Mex
- 3 jalapenos, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook your ground beef in a skillet until it is no longer pink. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and tomatoes. Stir together, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While ground beef is cooking, line a 9×13 casserole with the crushed tortillas.
- Place ground beef mixture over top of the crushed tortilla chips.
- Top with the cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake on for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.