There are few things more satisfying than the taste explosion of corn chips covered in melted cheese, dipped in a rich chilli bean and mince sauce and topped with sour cream, fresh avocado and a squeeze of lime! The type of mouthful makes you exclaim with happiness as soon as it hits your tastebuds which you can get in this Tasty Lazy Sunday Nachos.
These tasty lazy Sunday nachos are super easy to prepare – perfect for a lazy Sunday – and with a few tweaks, you can make your nachos healthy without compromising that delicious taste! My most important tip would be to use organic baked corn chips to avoid all the nasties (sugar, flavours, colours, preservatives, trans fats and genetically modified corn) used by mainstream corn chip brands.
Tasty Lazy Sunday NachosPrint Recipe
- 200 grams of certified organic baked corn chips
- 500 gams of certified organic beef mince
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 can of organic kidney or adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large jar of organic passata sauce (tomato puree)
- 2 to 3 brown onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground fennel/cumin/paprika
- 1 fresh chilli pepper, diced
- 1 heaping tablespoon of organic tomato paste
- Large handful of baby spinach (or greens of your choice)
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 250 grams of yellow cheese, grated
- 1 small tub of certified organic plain yoghurt
- 1 avocado
- 2 truss tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lime
- Bunch of fresh chives, chopped
- Fry onion, garlic, chilli and spices in coconut oil on medium-high heat until onion is softened.
- Add mince and stir until cooked through and browned.
- Add tomato paste, stir thoroughly, add passata, beans, capsicum and spinach, season with sea salt and pepper, and then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn oven on grill setting at 170 degrees celsius.
- In a baking tray, layer half the mince sauce as a base, then top with a few corn chips and grated cheese and then the remaining mince sauce plus plenty of grated cheese for the final topping. Pop the nachos into the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese has just melted.
- Serve with avocado, chopped tomatoes, some generous scoops of natural yoghurt for your ‘sour cream and plenty of fresh chives. Add a squeeze of lime over the nachos to finish off. You could also add a side of mixed greens. Enjoy!