Ultimate Affordable Leftover Nachos. We’ve all been in that situation – where you have bottom-of-the-bag broken tortilla chips, maybe half a can of beans, a chunk of cheddar and maybe a spring of green onions or a cup of ground beef just sitting in the fridge.
It’s as if everyone in your house ate snacks and dinner all week and decided to leave a 1/4 cup of this, a piece of that. As long as you have tortilla chips and cheese, you can pretty much turn it all into the Ultimate Affordable Leftover Nachos (er, except for something crazy like Grandma’s Eggplant Rollatini).
I made these Ultimate Affordable Leftover Nachos when I was in a similar situation. Earlier in the week, we had tacos for dinner but didn’t use all the chopped onion. I also had parsley leftover from a chicken dish. What more? I. Did. Not. Feel. Like. Cooking. Ah, nachos! A quick and easy solution.
The recipe below should serve as inspiration more than anything else. Have fun making these Ultimate Affordable Leftover Nachos, and don’t forget the salsa!
Ultimate Affordable Leftover Nachos
- 1 bag tortilla chips - we only need the leftover from the bottom of the bog
- ½ pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- ¾ can black beans
- ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- ¼ cup yellow onion - chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 1 bunch parsley - chopped
- 1 medium jalapenos - sliced
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F degrees.
- In a glass pie dish (or whatever baking container you like!), pour in the tortilla chips.
- Layer onions, beans, cheddar and chicken.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese melts. If you’re inpatient, broil!
- Optional. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley and serve with salsa.