Before, the Taco Salad Recipe was “THE THING.” Everywhere you looked there were taco salads. These days, not so much. But why not? I am guilty of forgetting our ole friend.
I am just reminding you of a recipe that has been forgotten and needs to swing on by to make your dinner time a little easier!! This Gluten-Free Taco Salad Recipe is great for those busy nights that dinner seems overwhelming. When someone asks you “what’s for dinner?” Whip out this ole faithful and you will be enjoying a nice easy dinner.
Now I know that iceberg lettuce is the “uncool” lettuce and the vitamin levels are nothing compared to other options but for some reason, when I think of a Taco Salad, iceberg comes to mind. Of course, you can use any type of lettuce that you want, romaine, spinach, or even cabbage, basically whatever floats your boat!!
Easy Gluten Free Taco Salad RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package McCormick gluten-free taco seasoning pack
- 1 cup mayo
- ⅔ cup medium salsa
- Lettuce of choice, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Black olives, chopped
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onion, chopped
- Green chili, chopped
- Corn chips, crushed
1. Using hamburger and gluten free taco seasoning mix, prepare and cook your ground beef according to package directions.
2. Combine the mayo and the salsa, mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Once taco meat is cooked and cooled a bit (hot meat will wilt your lettuce) assemble your salads.
4. To assemble, place your lettuce on your plate, top with the tomato, olives, green onions, green chili and cheddar cheese. Top with crushed corn chips. Dress with dressing to desired amount.