Last week I posted these Easy Paleo Meatballs on my social media account and got a ton of questions, from recipe requests to “what makes them Paleo?”
I suppose a Paleo meatball recipe, or really any meatball recipe, isn’t necessarily the most challenging culinary feat, but that is precisely why I like these Easy Paleo Meatballs. That and the fact that they are absolutely freakin’ delicious. I worked on several versions with different flour alternatives quite a few times before finally getting a combination that worked perfectly. As far as what makes them Paleo, simply the ingredients and the coconut oil used to fry them in.
Easy Paleo MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 shallot (or 1/2 small onion)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground fennel (optional)
- Generous dashes of black pepper, smokey pepper flakes or whatever seasoning you wish
1. In a medium bowl, add beef, dry seasoning, onions, tomatoes and begin mixing.
2. Add egg, and continue to mix until it’s well integrated with the meat, you can beat the egg separately if you wish, but honestly, it doesn’t change the recipe.
3. Add half of the arrowroot powder, and work it into the mix for a minute or two. Add the rest and continue mixing until you no longer have any powder in the meat.
4. Using your hands, roll the meat into balls of the desired size.
5. In a large frying pan over medium heat, add enough coconut oil to coat the pan. Add meatballs, and cook until all sides are golden brown, turning occasionally.
6. Serve as you wish.
For this particular meal, I decided to do purple cabbage, cucumber, and spinach salad. I also added a little bit of tomato sauce on the meatballs.