Easy German Meatballs. Every once in a while, to try and clean out our pantry and freezer, or if we’re a little short on money, we’ll try to plan meals only around what we already have (so no trips to the grocery store… at all). It can be fun, though… see who can come up with the best meal idea out of only items you have on hand, and have a cook-off! Who knows… you might just come up with a new family favorite!
But anyways… I kind of got a little off-topic there. What I was trying to get is to come up with some new ways to enjoy sauerkraut… aside from your usual sausage and kraut, kraut on your burgers, pork chops with sauerkraut, or Serbian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls.
My grandfather makes his own sauerkraut… and homemade is sooooo good! (We’re lucky to pretty much have an endless supply.) So there have been a lot of sauerkraut experiments happening in our kitchen. Some good has come of it, though! I have a German meatballs recipe to share with you that is absolutely delicious!!
I hope you’ll also enjoy these Easy German Meatballs.
Surprisingly Good And Easy German Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut packed
- ¼ cup thousand island dressing
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Form the meat mixture into 2-inch balls and place in a greased baking dish (I used an 8×8 pan and had to kind of squeeze a couple in there).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, and enjoy!