These low carb mozzarella stuffed meatballs are topped with Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce. This recipe is also gluten-free and insanely delicious! Check out the simple recipe below.
Mozzarella Stuffed MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 4 ounces of mushrooms
- ½ of a medium onion
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 jar of Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- In a food processor, chop mushrooms and onion until minced.
- In a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil on medium-high heat and saute the mushrooms and onions until the latter are translucent and the water from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Set aside until completely cooled.
- Combine the ground beef, pork, egg, seasonings, and the mushroom/onion mixture in a bowl. Combine the ingredients well to make sure the beef is blended with the pork but try not to over mix to keep the meatballs nice and tender.
- Portion out 16 meatballs (I used an ice cream scoop) and insert the mozzarella pieces, making sure to seal the meatballs tightly so no cheese will escape during cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan sear the meatballs until they get a brown crust on all sides but aren’t cooked all the way through. Try not to overcrowd the pan, adding only about 5 or 6 at a time. Once all sides are browned, remove the meatballs from the pan and continue with another batch.
- Once all the meatballs are cooked, put them back into the pan and pour the Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce on top.
- Put in the oven, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperate reaches 160 degrees and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve hot over your favourite gluten-free pasta or zoodles.