This week I’m sharing an easy-peasy recipe I whipped together. I kept telling my family we hadn’t had meatballs in a while but then would forget to put them on the plan. Then a conversation with a friend spurred me to add them in, but with a twist. I was oh-so pleasantly surprised that the crockpot meatballs really do hold their shape in the crockpot!
Super Easy Slow-Cooked Crockpot MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 2 – 2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced (we really like onion, so you may prefer less)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar of beef gravy (or 1 – 1 1/2 cups homemade beef gravy)
1. Mix all ingredients well. (I use my KitchenAid mixer for this, and it works like a charm! Everything gets evenly and well mixed, without me having to stick my hands into the raw meat more than necessary!) Form the mixture into balls slightly larger than golf ball sized. I can usually get about 12-15 meatballs.
2. Place in the crockpot. Don’t worry about having them on top of one another – they still come out separate! Pour a jar of beef gravy over the meatballs (or about 1 – 1 1/2 cups homemade beef gravy, if you’re feeling ambitious!).
3. Cook on low for 8 hours.