Swedish meatballs are always a good choice for family lunch. Fortunately, it is a very easy recipe to prepare, with a few ingredients. Follow our recipe for the amazing Swedish meatballs. Traditionally served with boiled potatoes, meatballs are loved by the entire family.
These amazing meatballs are made from minced pork and beef along with a few other ingredients, including onions, eggs, butter, and a few spices. They are cooked by frying, baking, or even steaming and eaten with any side dish.
Meatball recipes are cooked all over Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Swedish cuisine is varied, and the list of recipes never lacks traditional meatballs with sauce and jam, such as the famous Swedish meatballs.
These amazing meatballs can be eaten with boiled potatoes, or a salad of fresh vegetables.
Seriously Amazing Swedish Meatballs
- 3 slices bread
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg - ground
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper - or more, to taste
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs - fine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 1 cup milk - or light cream
- Add milk and bread to a bowl.
- After the bread is soaked, add the minced meat, egg, salt, nutmeg and black pepper. Mix everything and divide the composition into small meatballs.
- Add the breadcrumbs in a bowl and pass each meatball through fine breadcrumbs, then place them in the oven-ready bowl.
- When all the meatballs are finished, put them in the preheated oven, 350°F, for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked.
- After removing them from the oven, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the flour and mix well for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth and leave it on the fire until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add half of the cream to the sauce in the pan and mix. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and let it boil for another 2 minutes.