Meatloaf may not be glamorous, but my irresistible mini meatloaf is sure a quick and satisfying meal. Plus you can change the flavor by simply changing the type of sauce you mix in. Usually the all-American version calls for ketchup.
Here are a few other variations:
• BBQ sauce for a summer flavor
• Pizza sauce – maybe throw in a few pepperoni and top with mozzarella
• Salsa for a Tex-Mex flavor
• Marinara sauce for an Italian flavor – maybe use Italian bread crumbs
Just use your own creativity. Meatloaf is very forgiving!
Irresistible Mini Meatloaf RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons diced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided into two 1/2 cup portions)
1. Combine everything except 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and mix well with your hands. Yes, that’s necessary if you don’t want your little meatloaves to fall apart.
2. Spray a mini loaf pan. A muffin pan would work well too.
3. Divide the meatloaf mix evenly into the pan. (Mine made 7 mini loaves)
4. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350°F or until meat is done.
5. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
6. Remove from the oven and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. They’re less likely to fall apart that way.