Meatloaf may not be glamorous, but my irresistible mini meatloaf is sure a quick and satisfying meal. Plus you can change the flavor by simply changing the type of sauce you mix in. Usually the all-American version calls for ketchup.
Here are a few other variations:
• BBQ sauce for a summer flavor
• Pizza sauce – maybe throw in a few pepperoni and top with mozzarella
• Salsa for a Tex-Mex flavor
• Marinara sauce for an Italian flavor – maybe use Italian bread crumbs
Just use your own creativity. Meatloaf is very forgiving!
Irresistible Mini Meatloaf Recipe
This irresistible mini meatloaf is sure a quick and satisfying meal. You can change the flavor by simply changing the type of sauce you mix in.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - lean
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons white onion - diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded, divided into two 1/2 cup portions
- Combine everything except 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and mix well with your hands. Yes, that’s necessary if you don’t want your little meatloaves to fall apart.
- Spray a mini loaf pan. A muffin pan would work well too.
- Divide the meatloaf mix evenly into the pan. (Mine made 7 mini loaves)
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350°F or until meat is done.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. They’re less likely to fall apart that way.
Calories: 222kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 19gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 402mgPotassium: 287mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 242IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.