I work full time, so cooking in the middle of the week can be difficult. Sometimes, it can be difficult to manage if I don’t plan ahead, so Teriyaki Chicken Burgers can be a quick, easy solution but can also be boring. If I can add some variety to a burger, I am all about it.
I used ground chicken for this recipe, but you can also try this recipe with ground turkey as well. Adding the teriyaki sauce to the chicken adds flavor and moisture to this burger. So let’s get started!
Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Burgers
For this Guilt-Free Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe, I used ground chicken for this recipe, but you can also try this recipe with ground turkey as well.
FOR THE TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- ½ cup chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- 1 clove garlic - pressed
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce - Oelek hot sauce, depending on how hot you want it
FOR THE BURGER:
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- ¼ cup green onions (scallions or green shallots) - chopped
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce - see above
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces hamburger buns
FOR THE SLAW:
- ¼ cup carrots
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar (white sugar)
- 1 pinch salt
FOR SOY MAYO:
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Grate the ginger.
- Press the clove of garlic through a garlic press.
- On the stove over medium heat in a small pot, add all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Run the sauce through a strainer and set it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Shred the napa cabbage, purple cabbage and carrots and placed them in a bowl.
- Add the vinegar, salt, sugar, and olive oil to a small bowl and stir rapidly. Add to the slaw and set aside.
- Chop the scallion and add to a small bowl.
- Add the ground chicken.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the Teriyaki sauce and mix together.
- Divide the ground chicken into 4 patties. Add salt and pepper but very little as the soy adds salt.
- Heat up a large skillet or griddle.
- Add the patties to the griddle and cook for 4 minutes, then flip (cover with a lid).
- If you are going to use pineapple, add them to the griddle too.
- While they are cooking in a small bowl, add mayo, 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce, and the Chinese hot mustard. Stir and set aside.
- Back to the patties. Now that you flipped them. Brush on the remaining teriyaki sauce and then add the cheese (optional) and cover with a lid.
Calories: 414kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 28gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 1805mgPotassium: 834mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1765IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 167mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.