These Mini Mediterranean Pizza Recipe wonders of deliciousness are very easy to make. The most difficult part is cutting the store-bought or homemade pita bread in half, and even that is simple as long as you are careful.
You’ll probably feel full after you eat one of these ground beef recipes, but if you’re extra hungry, go ahead and eat two of these because each mini pizza only packs around 200 calories.
Delicious Mini Mediterranean Pizza RecipePrint Recipe
- 6-ounce lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 2 6-inch whole-wheat pita rounds
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 12 kalamata olives, quartered (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic until beef is browned. Slowly stir in tomato sauce and rosemary, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Split pita rounds in half horizontally using a sharp knife. (You are turning 2 pita breads into 4.) Place each pita round, rough side up, on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes.
3. Top toasted pita rounds with meat mixture, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top with spinach, tomato, feta cheese, and olives. Serve warm.
I always use 93% (or better) lean ground beef in order to limit calories and fat as much as possible.