These Mini Mediterranean Pizza Recipe wonders of deliciousness are very easy to make. The most difficult part is cutting the store-bought or homemade pita bread in half, and even that is simple as long as you are careful.
You’ll probably feel full after you eat one of these ground beef recipes, but if you’re extra hungry, go ahead and eat two of these because each mini pizza only packs around 200 calories.
Delicious Mini Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
- ¼ cup onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 8 ounce Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America)
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary - 1 teaspoon fresh
- 2 rounds pita bread - 6-inch size, whole-wheat
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- ½ cup baby spinach - shredded
- 1 medium tomato - seeded and diced or sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese - crumbled, reduced-fat
- 12 pieces kalamata olives - quartered (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic until beef is browned. Slowly stir in Neapolitan sauce and rosemary, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Split pita rounds in half horizontally using a sharp knife. (You are turning 2 pita breads into 4.) Place each pita round, rough side up, on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes.
- Top toasted pita rounds with meat mixture, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top with spinach, tomato, feta cheese, and olives. Serve warm.