Want to elevate the flavour of your nachos? Try this Greek nachos recipe that I know you’ll love. You can prepare an easy dish when you want something quick and tasty to eat. It’s perfect for serving when you have several guests over.
Greek NachosPrint Recipe
- 2 8-ounce bags of plain pita chips
- 1 pound of 1000 ground beef
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons of dry oregano
- 1 1/2 cups of spicy red pepper and white bean dip
- 1 1/2 cups of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup of fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of fresh cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup of red onions, diced
- ¼ cup of green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup of pitted kalamata olives, diced
- ½ cup of yogurt and herb crema
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil using a large skillet over medium heat. Swirl it around the pan to coat the whole surface.
- Add the onion, sprinkle with salt and saute until they begin to look translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, and mash it into chunks with a potato masher and mix into the onions, browning the meat as you go.
- After about 3 minutes, add the garlic, followed by 2 teaspoons of dried oregano and mix it all together until fully incorporated and all of the meat is thoroughly cooked through. All together, this should take about 5 or 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the nachos! Using a large oven-safe platter – or cookie sheet – begin! Spread a large layer of chips on the bottom of your serving platter, dollop generously with spoonfuls of the roasted red pepper and bean dip, cover with a layer of cooked ground beef, sprinkle generously with feta cheese crumbles. Repeat the process with as many layers of chips, dip, meat, and feta that you like until the chips are all used up. Finish the final layer with a layer of beef and feta on top. Place the full platter into the oven and heat until the outer chips are crispy and the bean dip and feta are warm (the feta won’t melt!); this will take 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the nachos are baking, prepare the Greek salad relish.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, green pepper, and kalamata olives in a medium bowl. Sprinkle some salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Remove the nachos from the oven. Sprinkle the top of the nachos with 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano, sprinkle the Greek salad relish over the nachos, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano and drizzle the whole thing with Yogurt and Herb Crema!