This Grain-Free Meat Pizza may just be the most incredible homemade recipe I’ve stumbled across.
Switching to a grain-free diet is one of the best things we can do for our health and performance. Yet it does come with a downside; not being able to enjoy everyone’s favourite treat meal, pizza! Unless, of course, you decide to sub in some excellent beef for that nasty wheat flour.
Healthy Grain-Free Meat Pizza
- 800 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- 150 grams passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoons Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes basil and parsley) - mixed
- 200 grams Romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 dash Sea salt
- Place some grease-proof paper on a pizza dish or standard round baking tray.
- Spread the mince out on the dish and flatten it, spreading out as thinly as possible to ensure the base is as wide as possible.
- Place it under the grill on medium heat. As it cooks, prepare the toppings.
- Place about 150 grams of tomato puree in a bowl with a tablespoon of mixed herbs and some salt. Mix together.
- Grate 150 grams of cheese.
- Prepare a fresh bowl of salad by mixing salad leaves (spinach, romaine lettuce, etc.), tomatoes, gherkins, peppers and grated carrot (and any other typical salad pieces you like). Top of with a tablespoon or so of coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil).
- After about 15 minutes, drain any excess oil from the base (necessary if you used anything other than super-lean beef) and place it back under for a few minutes.
- Monitor over the next few minutes, and when it seems cooked through, take out the base.
- Add the tomato puree with a spoon and spread it out evenly across the base. Top off with the grated cheese.
- At this stage, you can add any other toppings that you have. I just used some chopped gherkins in mine.
- Place the pizza back under the grill and turn it down to low heat. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Take out, serve and enjoy!