Before the other night, I’d never thought of being adventurous in cooking lasagna. Yes, you read that correctly. Although, I admit that until I made mini lasagnas in muffin tin on Thursday, I have never tried anything that levels up lasagna, so I really was starting from scratch.
I’d seen pictures of lasagna cups made in muffin tins – using a rolled lasagna layer or wontons, but I hadn’t seen any with polenta. Oh, polenta – I am a fan of that ingredient. I decided to try making the mini lasagna two ways – with wonton wrappers and polenta slices. I chose not to read any recipes for inspiration on mini lasagna and to see what I could come up with. Trial and error, my friends–that’s what it’s all about.
Luscious Mini Lasagna RecipePrint Recipe
- 18 wonton wrappers or 18 thin polenta slices
- Tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sautéed beef
- 6 thin slices of yellow zucchini squash
- 6 thin slices of green zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup of cheese if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tin cups with parchment paper.
- Layer and fill each in any way you choose.
- I use three layers of wonton or polenta slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.