The sauce in this Easy Spaghetti Bolognese is so rich and thick. You can simmer the meat sauce for a couple of hours to bring out the beautiful depth of flavor. This recipe is so yummy and easy to make. It’s a simple version of an Italian classic that can be cooked from scratch and enjoyed by everyone.
Easy Spaghetti Bolognese (Meat Sauce)
This Easy Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is so yummy and easy to make. The sauce is so rich and thick.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium carrots - chopped fine or grated
- 1 stalk celery - chopped fine
- 1 medium yellow onion - chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 can tomato - 28-ounce or 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- ½ cup white wine - optional
- 1 piece bay leaf (bay leaves)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper - to taste
- Heat a large saucepan and add the ground beef. Brown the meat, then remove it from the pan. If meat is fairly fat, set it in a colander to drain off the excess fat.
- Add olive oil to the pan the beef was cooked in. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes. Do not brown the onions. Add the carrot, celery and garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
- Return the beef to the pan. Add the oregano, basil and wine. (You can use red or white wine or no wine if you prefer.)
- Heat the sauce through, then add the tomatoes, bay leaf and beef stock. Let the sauce cook for at least half an hour on low heat. It tastes best if you can let it cook for an hour to an hour and a half.
- Serve over the pasta of your choice.
To ensure your beef stock is free of allergens and additives, make your own.
Calories: 464kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 21gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 226mgPotassium: 573mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2617IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 63mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!