These Amazing Turkey and Cornbread Stuffed Peppers come together super speedy in one pot on the stove before being tossed in the oven! Nothing beats a super quick prep and clean-up. We have a winner, folks. Serve these up with a nice side salad, and you’ve got a new family favourite, guaranteed!
Amazing Turkey and Cornbread Stuffed PeppersPrint Recipe
- 4 red peppers
- 1 box of cornbread stovetop stuffing
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- Slice peppers in half-top to bottom- and remove seeds.
- Boil a pot of water and add the pepper halves. Cook for 5 minutes and remove a paper towel-lined plate to dry while preparing to fill.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add chopped onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add turkey to skillet. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of warm water and stuffing mix. Stir to combine and cover with lid.
- Remove from stovetop and allow it to stand for about 5 minutes. Remove lid, add chopped parsley and stir to combine.
- Place pepper halves in a 9×13 pan and generously fill each pepper packing the mixture in.
- Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Bake the stuffed peppers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit covered for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad, and dinner is served!