Ground beef is one of the best ingredients for stew recipes because of its delightful flavour. Like any other ground beef stew recipe, the best way to extract the flavour from the beef is through a long, slow simmer. Aside from that, the muscle tissues break down evenly under low heat, tenderizing the beef. So, if you are planning to give your family a delightful dinner treat, make them delicious ground beef recipes!
Every ingredient in ground beef recipes needs to be fresh to attain flavorful results. So here’s the ingredient for the best ground beef stew.
Decadent Ground Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 large yellow onion - thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots - peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes - cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup green beans - bite-size pieces
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 piece bay leaf (bay leaves)
- ½ teaspoon thyme - dried
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 3 cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon) - unsalted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK) - all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Put everything in a slow cooker. Cover and cook over low setting for 5 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir the stew twice as it cooks. Once done, remove it from the slow cooker and put it in a shallow bowl.
- About 30 minutes before serving, spoon the broth into a small mixing bowl. Add flour and tomato paste, then whisk until blended evenly.
- Combine with the stew and cook for half an hour.