I love, love, love discovering simple recipes that I can complete without my hubby’s help. That way, he can come home to a delicious aroma and hearty meal. As most of you know, when we cook, we usually start with a recipe from a magazine or cookbook and spend months perfecting it to our taste. This beef and pork meatloaf recipe were perfect, as it is right out of my home-cooked recipes that my husband loves.
This beef and pork meatloaf will be a go-to recipe of yours for sure. It’s so easy to make, and I guarantee that anyone eating it will be satisfied.
Most Amazing Beef and Pork Meatloaf Recipe
- ½ cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup oats - old-fashioned
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large egg - lightly beaten
- 1 small yellow onion - grated
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme - kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 pound tomato - on the vine or halved small plum tomatoes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk together ¼ cup of the ketchup and the brown sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the oats and milk in a big bowl. Let stand until the oats are soft, 5 minutes. Whisk in the eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, the remaining ¼ cup of ketchup, ¾ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Add the beef and pork and gently mix with your hands until just combined.
- Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch or 3-quart baking dish and form into an 8-by-5-inch oval. Brush the top and sides the meatloaf with the sweetened ketchup. Arrange the tomatoes around the sides.
- Bake the meatloaf until the centre of the meatloaf registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit, 40 to 50 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.