Picadille dip is easy to make, but you’ll probably want something to dip into it to make it a meal. Of course, you can serve this as an appetizer, but I like it for dinner. When my husband and I weren’t as strict with our low-carb lifestyle, we ate this dip with regular Tostitos. However, we will now be making our own with the homemade Tostitos chip recipe.
You can match this picadille dip with any finger foods. I like it with chips, fries and bread. That’s how versatile this dip is. It’s an easy way to enjoy afternoon snacking with your family.
Creamy Picadille Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 4 stalks green onions (scallions or green shallots) - chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon sugar (white sugar)
- 8 ounces tomato - in can with jalapeños
- 8 ounces ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- Cook and drain sausage and beef. Add onions, cumi, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar, pimiento, tomatoes with jalapeños (or habaneros), and tomato sauce; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with bread or chips.