These Cowboy Burgers are indeed amazing! I use ground beef for this recipe, to be specific, lean ground beef. Also, the balsamic sauteed onions are the perfect match for the BBQ-flavored burger patties. Your friends and family will definitely be obsessed with this recipe once they try it!
Seriously Amazing Cowboy BurgersPrint Recipe
- TO MAKE THE BALSAMIC SAUTEED ONIONS:
- 1/2 onion cut into large pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- TO MAKE THE BURGERS:
- 1.5 pounds ground beef (I used 85/15, but you can use a leaner beef if you’d like)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
1. Sautee all above ingredients for the balsamic onions until onions are caramelized and soft. Set aside.
2. Next, mix all the above ingredients for the burger together and form into patties and set aside.
3. When ready to make, either put onto a hot grill or do as I do, pop them on a heated up and salted grill pan. I just grilled them for about 4 minutes per side, and right before I took them off the grill, I topped them with my cheese of choice, made sure it melted, and then took off and placed them onto the bun.
4. Then, I topped that with the onions and placed the 2nd half of the bun. Enjoy!