These Cowboy Burgers are indeed amazing! I use ground beef for this recipe, to be specific, lean ground beef. Also, the balsamic sauteed onions are the perfect match for the BBQ-flavored burger patties. Your friends and family will definitely be obsessed with this recipe once they try it!
Seriously Amazing Cowboy Burgers
These Cowboy Burgers are indeed amazing! The balsamic sauteed onions are the perfect match for the BBQ-flavored burger patties.
TO MAKE THE BALSAMIC SAUTEED ONIONS:
- ½ large white onion - cut into large pieces
- ¼ teaspoon garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
TO MAKE THE BURGERS:
- 1.5 pounds ground beef (minced beef) - I used 85/15, but you can use a leaner beef if you’d like
- ½ teaspoon garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- Sautee all above ingredients for the balsamic onions until onions are caramelized and soft. Set aside.
- Next, mix all the above ingredients for the burger together and form into patties and set aside.
- When ready to make, either put onto a hot grill or do as I do, pop them on a heated up and salted grill pan. I just grilled them for about 4 minutes per side, and right before I took them off the grill, I topped them with my cheese of choice, made sure it melted, and then took off and placed them onto the bun.
- Then, I topped that with the onions and placed the 2nd half of the bun. Enjoy!
Calories: 779kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 69gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 1555mgPotassium: 1266mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 621IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 9mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.