I was hanging about in town yesterday waiting for hubby to get off work and being too lazy to make my own meal, but then I saw a really lovely burger joint that I was curious about. So I had an idea and decided to cook the easiest burger fix I can make as I don’t have the time to do everything with limited time.
This easy recipe is something you will keep. I mean, who doesn’t love burgers, especially when they are this easy to make? It’s the perfect fix for rush hours, I say.
The Easiest Burger Fix
- 500 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper - crushed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped or sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil
- Put your beef mince into a large bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Depending on how large you want the patties, grab a handful and roll them gently into a ball in your hands. While still working it in your hands, begin to flatten it, trying to seal in the sides where the meat might not be holding too well.
- Let the patties rest for a few minutes, and get your pan hot. I used a skillet, but you can also use a non-stick pan which I have done before.
- When the pan is hot, place your patties in gently. Make sure you leave enough room between them, or they will begin to stew, and you don’t want that!
- Cook each side for about 5 minutes (for the rare palate) and 7 to 9 minutes for a more well-done finish.
- Now, the fun part! Dress your bun with whatever the hell you want. I was feeling for lowkey burgers, so I used mayo, mustard, tomatoes with black pepper and some sliced cheddar (which you can put on the patty just before you take it off the grill to melt, but I prefer a more solid cheese slice).
- Also great to add: caramelised onions, lettuce, and rocket (if you’re a fan of greens with a bite to them).
- So steer clear of the two-for-one offers on burgers because you can make them yourself! Willing to try it out? Let me know how it goes!