I love tacos so much! I am sure many of you do too. The only problem that a full taco night poses, in my opinion, is the prep. You need to do some shopping for a good taco night. This easy beef taco soup is the perfect substitute when you are short on time or energy.
You can probably quickly have this easy beef taco soup done in less than 30 minutes. The trick is that it calls for premade salsa. I use Pace Picante Sauce for this, but any delicious chunky salsa will work just fine.
Super Easy Beef Taco SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 2 cups of chunky salsa
- 1/2 to 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortilla chips
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese if desired
- Brown beef and drain fat if necessary.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the garnish, and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium-high 10 minutes.
- Place tomato, onion, cilantro, lime, and salt into a bowl for the garnish and combine. Add salt to taste. This is your pico de gallo.
- When serving, place a handful of corn tortilla chips on top of each bowl of soup. Then divide the pico de gallo evenly among the bowls, placing it on top of chips. Sprinkle cheese if using.